Anybody who has achieved anything has heard the words “you’re lucky”. “You’re lucky to be able to buy that new car”, “She’s lucky for buying that nice house”, “His business has skyrocketed; what a lucky guy”.
But what many don’t see are all of the risks, time, and preparations most successful people take to achieve ‘luck’. A lot goes into the recipe of success. Often, it is not favored by the successor to hear the word luck with reference to their life achievements.
Luck’s Role In Sports and Games
- Are you a skilled or lucky athlete? Read Article at Outside Online
- Luck plays a bigger role in some sports than others — how come? Read Article at Post Gazette
- 10 most superstitious athletes. Read Article at Men’s Journal
- Why it’s so much harder to predict winners in hockey than basketball. Read Article (with video) at Vox
“Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”Serena William
Luck’s Role In Business
- Luck and entrepreneurship: Is there a connection? Read Article at Entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurship Depends on Luck–and You Can Actually Make Yourself Luckier. Here’s How. Read Article at Inc.
- Your Entrepreneurial Success Isn’t Based on Luck. Read Article at Align
- How “Lucky” are Successful Entrepreneurs? Read Article at Medium
Luck’s Existence In Our Lives
- Is Our Universe Lucky? Read Article at Astronomy
- Luck vs Good Fortune: Don’t Roll the Dice With Your Career. Read Article at Data Driven
- Luck’s Familiar: What is the role of luck in gambling? Read article at DR Mark Griffiths blog
- Role of Luck in the Criminal Law. Read Article at Univeristy of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
“I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.”Steven Wright
Luck’s Role in Success
In wrapping up, it seems that luck or chance exists, though we are still left with the question of whether something was luck or was it skill, effort, persistence, opportunity, and so on.
I think the gist of the story here is that if you want something in life, you must work on it. You must put the time and effort in, and make decisions that will lead you down the path of your success. Don’t rely on luck or any other force to get you there.
So I’ll leave you with a simple “Best of Luck To You”.
But if you prefer: “Best of skill”
or “Best decision making in the face of opportunity!”