In the old days we would jot down our thoughts and notes onto paper with a pencil or pen. Then came personal tech mobility. Laptops, mobile phones & tablets, voice dictation and other note apps.
These days it seems we are going back to the basics, while retaining our modern instruments. We now have more options then ever before when it comes to note taking.
Below is a collection of articles, talks, and podcast episodes on notetaking/journaling, pens & paper, apps, and more to help you on your way to better note taking.
The Timeless Art of Journaling
The Daily Stoic is one of our favorite daily reads. But aside from their blog and podcast, they also offer some great merchandise in their store. This includes The Daily Stoic journal.
The article (linked below) breaks down the benefits of journaling, a bit of journaling history, and some great ways to begin your own journal.
Dean Bokhari’s Meaningful Show
6 Journaling Ideas That Will Make You Better. Period. (Blog Article)
High Quality Notebooks and Paper
- Six notebooks compared: Leuchtturm1917, Rhodia, Midori, MUJI, Northbooks and Moleskine – Laura’s WordPress
- Midori MD Notebook Review – FountainPenLove.com
Best Pens By Class
Pen & Handwriting Articles
- Top 5 Pens by PenAddict – Multiple top 5 lists, broken down by pen type. A great starting point.
- The Beginners Guide to Fountain Pens – Article by JetPens
- The Ultimate Guide to Pen Writing Styles – Article by GiftPens/Dayspring Pens
- How to Improve Your Handwriting in 30 Days – A challenge-based approach to upgrading your handwriting.
- Intro to Calligraphy – Amazon Course
Top Mobile Apps For Note-Taking
A networked approach to note-taking
We hope that you enjoyed our collection of note-taking tools and info. This article may be updated, but it should serve as a decent starting point for improving your writing and note-taking skills. Stay well & enjoy.